Thursday, April 23, 2009

~KaRaTe~

So we decided to put Drezden in Karate he has been begging for quite some time now & it was just time to do it. He goes to Bobby Lawrence Mile High Karate. He started at the end of March & is absolutely LOVING it!! This is him breaking a board. We are so proud of him. Look at his face he was so in to it:) If he keeps up & stays in Karate he will have his "BLACK BELT" in 2012-2013. WoW!! B & I thought that was so neat. Good job Drez & keep up the great work.
This is Drez receiving an award for getting 100% on his spelling test. We really like the program at Bobby Lawrence they award them for so many different things so it makes the kids want to try harder everyday. We can tell a difference in Drez already. He remembers to make his bed without being asked & to put his clothes away (where they go). He says Yes Mam, No Mam & Yes Sir, No Sir.(Not sure I like the Mam & Sir thing, I told him not to say it to Mom & Dad). Those are just little things, but it makes a BIG difference when I don't have ask him to do it. He has been trying harder in school & has done so much better with reading & spelling. Another thing we really liked is if Drezden gets straight A's in school then his instructor will let him pick out what he wants for lunch & meets him at his school & eats it with him. Drez is so excited for that. He really is loving his instructor Mr. Wilson.

Drezden & Corbin. They had buddy day at Karate & Drez chose to bring his friend Corbin. Mr. Wilson let all the students & their buddies break boards. It was really fun!! Corbin was a little nervous, but after he saw Drez do it he felt a little better about doing it.



Easter party at Karate. They played a game that was really hard. They had to pass these cups to each other without using their hands & try to balance the cup on the straw. It was pretty funny to watch. Drez did a pretty good job:)



6 comments:

  1. You guys sure have been busy! Looks like fun! I can't wait until Maddox gets to be in sports!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool program!! I hope he stays liking it, it's so nice when you find something you're good at!! I still can't believe how big your boys are.. so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome about his experience with Karate! Your kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lindsay..it's your old neighbor Ashlee! Your blog is so fun to read and your boys are so cute. Dres looks like quite the Karate kid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! She is going to be here before I know it. I'm doing super good, and feel good. I don't sleep too well right now, but I just told Mike last night, I'd rather not sleep the best right now than have the baby here and not be sleeping at all. But it will be fun even when she gets here and gives me bags under my eyes. You guys need to come visit so you can see her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and I are in the same funk...I haven't updated my blog forever!

    ReplyDelete